I’ve mentioned elsewhere that I’ve been moving over to Django as my “platform” for blogging, and so on.
We’ll I’ve now started the process of importing the entries in my old blog to this new one. At first I thought I would do it by hand, but with more that 200+ entries, I thought I would try an automate it. So, a couple of python scripts later the data was pretty much transferred across.
Alas, I’ve chosen to use a different (reduced) system of tags now. So, I didn’t automate the transfer of tags. I have, nevertheless, gone through all the old entries and amend the tags. All I need to do now is port the images to the new system and check all the links are working.
I’ll do a final sweep to make sure that the Textile formating is working okay, and then I’ll make the new system visible to-all.