Spark, we had a brief seminar from Tony Seba today. He was presenting his research (that turned into his book Winners take all: The 9 fundamental rules of high tech strategy. He is a very suave and compelling speaker.
Here’s a summary of the his main points:
- Rule 1: Feel The Pain. Then Develop Your Product
- Rule 2: Focus, Win, Grow, Repeat
- Rule 3: Add Value Not Features
- Rule 4: Have a Story. Communicate Clearly
- Rule 5: It’s a Risky World. Sell Confidence!
- Rule 6: Convert Champions Not Deals
- Rule 7: Choose The Right Partners. Manage Them with Clarity
- Rule 8: Design Products and Services That Are Easy to Adopt
- Rule 9: You’re Doing Well. Congratulations. Now Change or Die.
Even in this rather terse format, there are a lot of lessons to be learnt (especially with number 3 for Chinataka).