Farewelling a fine feline friend, Fred
Fred (born 6 Oct 1997), gone but not forgotten.
- Fitting into a photocopier box (with Ginger and room to-spare).
- Walking along the fence for the first time with question-mark tails, and wondering if they'll every come-back.
- Chasing around in a circle after a-stick.
- Being hit by a car, and wondering if he'll survive. He was so wet and bloody.
- Sleeping on the bed (and especially on top of-Lisa)
- Laying on the couch-back.
- Sitting in the window looking at the-world.
- Catching some sun. He always knew where the heat-was.
- Spending time (days) at Maureen's. She misses him-too.
- Being very quiet and stealthy.
- Catching birds and rats. A skilled and efficient hunter (when he wanted to-be).
- Catching worms (just the once), his (and Ginger's first-catch).
- Making us worry; waiting for days for him to turn up (around Maureen's probably); but only in summer.
- Taking over Ginger's place in the letter-tray.
- Sleeping on Lisa's in-progress quilts.
- Trotting across the grass; watching him from the living-room window.
- Splashing water all over the place when drinking; dewy droplets on his-nose.
- The little scar by his-eye.
- His black, black-paws.
- His super fine fur that was almost un-comb-able.
- The funny little trill he would make when hungry.
- Standing on his rear legs, at the bench when food was being served.
- Eventually deciding that sitting on/with people was okay (only in the last eight months).
- Being a old gentleman, and climbing onto furniture, rather than jumping.
You're sadly (and fondly) missed Fred.