At times, it's been a bit of a chore moving to Pelican for my 'blogging' activity. Although the conversion process should have been largely automatic, there was a lot of hand fixes that needed to be applied. This is mainly because I have changed platforms so many times, and some of those times the conversions haven't been complete. So, I took this opportunity to clean-up all the entries and fix all the broken bits.

    I think I've largely done that. I need to do some sanity-checks (e.g., make sure all the links are working), but I think most of the big stuff has been done.

    Much of the fixups were done using 'sed' or 'vim'; you've got to love regex :)

    But it was a fun process mainly because it made it necessary for me to go back and re-read what I've written before. So many happy thoughts tucked away in there.

    If you webmention this page, please let me know the URL of your page.

    BTW: Your webmention won't show up until I next "build" my site.

    Word count: 200 (about 1 minutes)


    Updated: 26 Dec '14 14:14

    Author: Peter Smith


    Section: blog

    Kind: page

    Bundle type: leaf

    Source: blog/2014/12/26/re-converting/