My About Me page provides a thumbnail sketch of who I am. This page, is more about what I'm doing and planning to do now.
The biggest thing is that I'm now on Research and Study Leave (RSL/sabbatical) for a year (until 23 January 2023). So much of what I'm doing now—work wise—is about my research projects.
Other things are sort of hanging off that big endeavour.
HICSS56 3rd–6th January 2023 in Maui.The oldest and most popular conferences on Service Science. This was a good conference, I can see why it is the biggest. The venue was pretty good too.
- Process workshop at the University of Queensland, 14th February 2023 in Brisbane. This looks like a great session with Ann Langley, and Paula Jarzabkowski.
- Visit to the University of Zurich From April to August, I'll be visiting with David Seidl and his research group at the Univserity of Zurich.
- Visit to the University of Oslo, June 2023. The plan is to work with my co-authors on our paper on multi-sided platforms.
- European Group on Organizational Studies (EGOS), 6th–8th July 2023 in Sardinia, I regard EGOS as my intellectual home as far as conferences are concerned. With Covid-19 and other things it's been a few years since I was last at one (Naples, 2016).
- Academy of Management Annual General Meeting (AoM), 4th–8th August 2023 in Boston. This will be my first time at AoM. Normally, it would clash with my teaching obligations, but this year, as I'm on Research and Study leave …
- The comminication of science
- Instructional design for interdisciplinary learning (AoM)
- DAOs, Open-strategy, and trust (EGOS)
- Orchestrating multi-sided platforms (TBC)
- Thoughtworlds (HR)
- Wayfinding and internationalisation (Oxford Professional Service conference)
- Multiple commitments and IWB
- (re)Learning German.
- The White Lotus We held off watching this until after our trip (conference and holiday) to Maui and Honolulu.
- Only connect I can rarely answer the questions, but the programme makes me feel smarter :)