Oh joy. I got a response from Evgeny. Now I need to sort out my workflow for responding to responses.
To answer your questions, my directory structure is using
page bundeles with each section (blog, notes, pages, etc.) having all my posts, like this:
petersmith.org archetypes config.toml content blog ... ... 20041208-anzam-strategising-activity-and-practice index.org 20041208-professional-doctorates index.org 20041209-comments-on-supervision index.org 20041210-teaching-excellence-award index.org 20110227-yale-on-writing index.org 20110303-boots-and-all index.org 20110305-how-to-write-an-article index.org 20110305-the-paragraph index.org 20220104-responsive-grids index.org 20220106-second-second-steps-in-indieweb index.org 20220110-third-steps-to-indieweb index.org mentions notes pages resources data mentions.json i18n layouts public resources static themes
Go programmer, so I didn't try and play with your code, but if you think it could be an easy job …. ☺
sed, yes I played with using 'index'. I couldn't figure out if there was much of a performance hit, especially as I'm using the single big JSON file. If you/we/us could get your tool working with my directory structure, I'd happily switch to using 'index'. It would simplify the tool chain, wouldn't it.